Saturday 30 June 2012

Double Delight

Hello lovely people! Happy Saturday! Brrrrr it's so chilly here today, been sitting at around 5 degrees all day! That's 41 degrees for those of you who use Fahrenheit... Before my exam yesterday I snapped a quick pic of the mani I was wearing, so that's the first of the two manis you get today!
This is one of the newest additions to my (ever growing...) OPI collection, Ate Berries In The Canaries. I know it's not a new shade, it was released for Spring 2009, but it's new to me, and I think it's delicious! I didn't even realise until after I left the house that it matched perfectly with the scarf I was wearing! Stamped over top is fauxnad plate m73 in Black Satin as always. Topped off with Seche Vite. The rest of the post is dedicated to THE newest addition to my OPI stash: I'm All Ears from the reasonably recently released Minnie Mouse collection. The moment it arrived, I was in love. This bright pink almost-but-not-really-a-jelly polish has the most gorgeous pinky silvery shimmery glittery fleck running through it which brings it to life. It's gone straight to the top of my favourite pink polish list.
The above photo was taken inside with flash. This lighting brings out the pinkiness of the shimmer more than the other photos do - outside, the silver shimmer was definitely dominant. I had to add the bow, it's Minnie! The dots were a must too, though I cheated with them a bit - I used fauxnad plate m79 instead of freehanding them. I thought it would give a more uniform and even finish. Whaddaya think?
I keep forgetting to mention the number of coats and other technical details about my manis! I'm sorry - I'll work on that! I started with one coat of OPI Don't Touch My Tutu (the white from the NYC Ballet Collection) because I really wanted this colour to pop. For I'm All Ears I used three coats. I could've stopped at two, but I still had some VNL (visible nail line) and I wanted a more opaque finish for this mani. A coat of Seche Vite locked it all in.
See what I mean about that silver shimmer? My nails are screaming to be reshaped - I'll get onto it soon, I promise! It's been a hectic week =P.
Whaddaya reckon, is this mani all Minnie or what? I'm in absolute love-love with this shade - it's pure shimmery deliciousness! I'm so glad I wasn't disappointed - it really was the only polish in that collection that called to me! What was the last polish collection that failed to totally wow you? Do you like your pinks with a bit of shimmer or do you like them strong and solid? See you soon, sweet people =D.